Turkey Bacon Burgers + The Biggest Loser

Turkey Bacon Burgers + The Biggest Loser

Can you believe the Biggest Loser is now on its 17th season? Crazy, right? I've always been a Team Bob fan and like to see that he is now the host of The Biggest Loser.   A former coworker of mine was on Season Seven.  It was exciting to SEE somebody I know on the show and not only ON the show but since then.  My former coworker has maintained his healthy lifestyle and passion for fitness since his appearance.  


I am on a bit of a journey to fix my health.  I am just NOT healthy.  I will admit- the workouts on The Biggest Loser are insane! I have to give huge props for the contestants.  I am having to do the slow and steady route vs going hard core like they do.  I have written on here about the changes I have been making but not too much as I am in the infant stages.  

Right now, my focus is on what I am eating and how much I am eating. 

I have been making small changes such as using ground turkey instead of hamburger.  
Drinking a SMALL coffee with heavy cream instead of a grande/venti iced caramel mocha.  
I am also watching my portion sizes. 
Allowing myself only ONE soda per week (Fridays!) instead of multiple daily. 

Like I said, not HUGE changes but little changes.  I am trying NOT to set myself up for failure.  Baby steps, right?  So far, I am down a total of 9 pounds!  Not too shabby! 

Soon, I will be incorporating cardio and strength training.  

So.  Turkey Bacon Burgers? Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  It's a real thing. 

Isn't that photo above gorgeous?

It's The Biggest Loser Approved and it's "paleo style".  

It's a simple list of ingredients:

Ingredients

1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
½ cup minced onion
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
10 lettuce leaves
10 tomato slices
20 sweet onion slices
avocado slices, if desired
pickled jalapeño slices, if desired
mustard, if desired
- For the rest of the recipe, visit Jennie-O 

Who are you rooting for on The Biggest Loser?
Will you try this recipe?
Are you trying to eat healthier? Lose weight? Get stronger?

Share your goals and what you are doing! Lots of success your way!










Follow on Bloglovin

disclaimer: I did NOT receive compensation for this post but I did receive product to write my honest thoughts from Jennie-O

No comments

Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your comments.