Ready for 40 + Fabulous




I am not quite 40.  Yet.  I will be in 1.5 years and it will be here before I know it.  My 20s were a roller coaster of relationship failures, heartache, and many more trials and tribulations.  

My 30s have brought more contentment in my life.  The roller coaster of uncertainty departed and things have quieted.

Now, the 40s are almost here and frankly, I am ready for this next chapter of life.    






My 30s have been spent fighting against my body and I have partnered with The Lady Patch to discuss these, ahem, changes today. 

I have had multiple episodes of decompensation with my mental health.  I was officially diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and anxiety disorder.  However, with the help of my doctor, I've been able to stabilize and focus on my job and am excelling.  #MedicatedAndMighty

I have been having a lot of problems with my neck that has been causing weakness, pain and numbness in my arms.  I have arthritis in my cervical spine. 

HOW IS THAT FOR FEELING OLD?! 

This aging business? IT'S FOR THE BIRDS!!!!

Oh yeah, and I am overweight.  

And have issues with incontinence, perimenopause and my eyesight just ain't as good as it once was.  

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.  Time to write that country song.

Okay.  Okay.  The whining is OVER.  I promise I am NOT on a pity pot.  Just sharing how the 30s haven't been entirely kind but really, not too bad.  

I am happy with things.  I am settled with life.  I have learned to be content with what I have vs being malcontent over what I don't have.  

I've also taken more risks than ever.  It scares me but I have learned so much more about myself, what I want, who I want in it, and how to just be like Elsa and LET IT GO!! 






It's quite exciting to enter this new journey.  I feel good. I am losing weight.  I am also SHEDDING THE FRUMPINESS!  

Y'all should see the level of frump I have been.  I think when I gained weight- I felt like looking and feeling pretty wasn't in the cards for me but that's nonsense.

I have discovered the most amazing articles of clothing that don't make me feel restricted and frumpy but rather chic and fabulous.  Yes, ladies, that post will be LATER this week! 

Oh and that incontinence issue? Yeah.  It's not fun.  

Stress incontinence can happen to ANY of us.  It's embarrassing that a sneeze or a fit of laughter can cause some... shall we say, "issues"? 

Along with some fabulous new outfits, I have learned of a really cool product, The Lady Patch.





Empowering name, right? The LADY PATCH.  I am also a sucker for the packaging but really, it's unique!  No liners, pads, diapers, or drugs.  It's a patch that is placed on your lady parts (clitoris) and it helps strengthen pelvic muscles while relaxing the bladder.   Interesting, right?  I will tell you The Lady Patch is NOT intrusive OR uncomfortable.  It seemed kinda weird at first but you know what? It's NOT.  I really didn't notice it and tt does its job.  It's so NICE to sleep through the night and NOT have to get up 10billion times because my aging bladder doesn't want to place nice.  I am not even kidding.  I am really surprised that this lil' lady patch helped me not have to do the crazy cross-legged lady dance! 

Want to know more? Be sure to visit TheLadyPatch.com and you can purchase it there or also on Amazon.com!



Are you 40?
What was your favorite age so far?












Follow on Bloglovin

No comments

Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your comments.