Review: Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

Iron Kissed (Mercedes Thompson, #3)

Synopsis from Goodreads.com:

When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to shapeshifting car mechanic Mercy Thompson to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not. And she'll have to choose between the two werewolves in her life-whether she wants to or not.


Book three of Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson series, Iron Kissed brings another side to the ongoing saga that is Mercedes Thompson's life. Mercedes is taken deep into the mysterious world of the Fae to help investigate a murder of several Fae on the Fae Reservation and to help free Zee.

This book is a different speed of the previous two. There isn't as much action but is just as thrilling as the first two. I was glad to learn more about Zee and more about him as a "gremlin", more about the Gray Lords and also, more about Mercy's relationship with Adam and Samuel. This book is difficult to review without giving away too much. I just finished this last night and can't tell you whether it's my favorite of the series, but it definitely broke my heart. The first two books Mercy was tough and independent, in this book she hasn't lost either of those traits but she did get broken. Badly. I felt for her so much. Iron Kissed brought out a different side of Mercy, some people didn't like it but I liked it. She showed she can be broken down to the lowest form and rise above tragedy without completely losing herself. All of the main players in this series are crushed and show different sides in this book. This is definitely one to ponder after reading.

In my book, Mercy rocks and so does Patricia Briggs.



Disclaimer: I do not receive any financial compensation for my reviews. Iron Kissed was purchased by me from my local independent bookstore. Regardless of the source of my books, I review all books from my own intellect with out being influenced by whether I purchased or was provided the book at not cost.

3 comments

  1. Iron Kissed is one of my favorite Mercy books. Have you read any of Patricia Briggs fantasy books? Hob's Bargain is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Iron kissed. Actually, lol, is it WRONG to say I enjoyed it or is it better to say I felt a ton of emotions that made me root for Mercy even more?

    I haven't read any of her Fantasy books yet. I am going to look for it now! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first Mercy book, but didn't pick this one up for some reason. Really liked your review, so adding to my wishlist. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your comments.