Review of Willoughby's Return by Jane Odiwe

Willoughby's Return: A Tale of Almost Irresistible Temptation

From Goodreads.com:
A lost love returns, rekindling forgotten passions…
In Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility, when Marianne Dashwood marries Colonel Brandon, she puts her heartbreak over dashing scoundrel John Willoughby in the past.
Three years later, Willoughby's return throws Marianne into a tizzy of painful memories and exquisite feelings of uncertainty. Willoughby is as charming, as roguish, and as much in love with her as ever. And the timing couldn't be worse—with Colonel Brandon away and Willoughby determined to win her back, will Marianne find the strength to save her marriage, or will the temptation of a previous love be too powerful to resist?


Sense and Sensibility was such an awesome book by the fantastic Jane Austen starring the wonderful Dashwood sisters, the heartbreaking Willoughby, the brooding Colonel Brandon and an array of other wonderful characters.

I have been enjoying the selection of Jane Austen sequels, and Willoughby's Return by Jane Odiwe is right there leading the pack. Marianne,in my opinion, was spoiled, vivid and full of life and Jane Odiwe has maintained that spirit as she brings us to Marianne's life and her marriage to Colonel Brandon. I am a little saddened that Brandon didn't get a lot of scenes in this book however, I realize that Marianne is the focus and her conflicting emotions over Willoughby popping back into her life. I will admit though, I have always been partial to Brandon and always hoped that Marianne matures. Do you think she will? Read this book and find out :)

"Willoughby's Return" has maintained the spirit and life of it's predecessor, "Sense and Sensibility" and was such a strong, flowing read and I would definitely recommend this to any Sense and Sensibility fan who has wondered "well, what then?"







A thank you to Sourcebooks for providing a copy of Willoughby's Return to read and review. Acceptance of a review copy does not affect my ability to remain unbiased and provide a truthful, honest review. I am not paid for my reviews. I am just a book lover who enjoys books, I do not attempt to be a professional reviewer. I just want to read good books. Whether I buy them or they are provided, my review will remain untainted regardless of the source.





3 comments

  1. Great review! I'm so curious to read this now..wonder what happens. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I'll try it.

    http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I'm always hesitant to read a sequel by another author, especially when the original was a classic, but you make this one sound worthwhile. Loved all of Jane Austen's books, so will give this one a chance. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your comments.