Easy Cooking Recipe: Indian Butter Chicken

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser.


#DinnerDone #Shop




I am absolutely, positively, without a doubt addicted to Indian food.  The flavors and aroma are so complex and I just can't get enough.  One of my favorite dishes is Butter Chicken (or also known as Chicken Makhani) and I have really been craving it lately.  Restaurants typically make it with tandoori chicken and in a flavorful tomato cream sauce.  It's amazing.  I don't have a tandoor to make the tandoori chicken but I do have Hunt's, the best canned tomatoes, and lots of fantastic seasonings in my cupboard.  I have been searching online for a good recipe and I took the commonality of the recipe (tomatoes and cream sauce) and added my own twist to the chicken.   I always use Hunt's tomatoes because it's a brand I can trust and I always know that I will get a great quality tomato product and they use a unique flashsteam peeling method (you can learn more about it here) which means they only use water to steam (vs lye that some other companies) to peel their 100% California tomatoes.  They are 100% natural without any preservatives.  I am good with that and of course, Walmart has an enormous selection of Hunt's tomatoes!


#DinnerDone #Shop

Are you ready to learn how to make this:

#DinnerDone #Shop


With these?

#DinnerDone #Shop

Even though it's hot outside, this is such a quick and easy dish that still works great for spring and summer! #DinnerDone

Printable Recipe

Marinade:
1 c. plain yogurt
1 tbsp. garam masala
1 tbsp. tandoori spice mix
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1tbsp. cumin
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tbsp. ginger (minced)
Juice of one lime
Salt and Pepper to taste
1.5 lbs of chicken (cut into small bite-sized pieces).
Combine everything except chicken until well blended.
Put chicken into container, add marinade and marinate for a few hours or overnight

Remaining ingredients:


1-14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes (drained)
2-8 ounce cans of tomato sauce
2 diced onions
3 diced garlic cloves
3 tbsp. of butter
1 cup of heavy cream (or you can use canned coconut milk)
Cilantro


Directions:

Add butter to pan over med-low heat and heat until melted.
Add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook until onions are slightly translucent.
Add chicken (no need to drain the yogurt marinade).
Cook until chicken is done.  It will depend on how small you cut the pieces.

#DinnerDone #Shop

 Add all the tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are heated.

#DinnerDone #Shop

Add the heavy cream and stir until well blended. 

#DinnerDone #Shop


Top with tons of cilantro.


#DinnerDone #Shop


Serve with basmati rice, naan or however you wish.  Enjoy!

This tastes even better the next day as the flavors really marry! 

If you would like to find more recipes using Hunt's tomatoes, you can visit ReadySetEat and Hunts.com
Be sure to visit Hunt's on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

Do you have a favorite tomato based dish?







Follow on Bloglovin

No comments

Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your comments.