Recipe: Ginger Garlic Chicken

#Recipe: Ginger Garlic Chicken from Jaime Loves Stuff


I love Asian food.  Whether it is Indian, Indonesian, Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, etc. etc. etc- I love it all.  I hate that I have an allergy to fish and shellfish.   I rarely get to eat at any of the restaurants due to the use of fish/shellfish products in a lot of the seasonings.  I can definitely eat at a vegan Asian restaurant and that is always good! Since my allergy is so severe- I've been learning to make more of the dishes at home.  The flavor trifecta is ginger, garlic and onion and they are a trio made to be together for ever.  It's like a love triangle without the drama.  Needless to say- the trifecta is key to the flavors in this super, easy stir fry!

( I will be updating with a printable version soon! Stay tuned!)
Ingredients:

1 lb Chicken (diced)
1 tbsp. Cornstarch.
1 yellow onion, diced.
1 tbsp of ginger, minced
2 tbps. of garlic, minced
1 tbsp. of rice vinegar
1/4 c. of soy sauce (I use Tamari- I like the flavor and you can get it at Amazon: San-J Tamari Premium Soy Sauce, 10-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 6)
3 tbsp. chicken broth.
Veggies- I used a frozen stir fry variety I picked up at Whole Foods. 

Coat the chicken with corn starch.

Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a skillet over medium heat. 
Add onions and cook until they start to become translucent and then add both the ginger and garlic.  
After a minute, add your chicken.
Cook for 5 minutes (or just until you start to see the chicken brown)
Add the rice vinegar, soy sauce and chicken broth.
Cook for a few more minutes and then add your veggies (if they are frozen, add them now.  If you are using fresh, I'd add them sooner so they can soften).
Cook another two or three minutes.

Serve over rice or noodles!

I loved this! It came out so delicious! 

#Recipe: Ginger Garlic Chicken from Jaime Loves Stuff


Enjoy! 

Like this recipe?
You can tweet, pin, stumble and FB it! 






Follow on Bloglovin

No comments

Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your comments.