Monday Music: The Counting Crows





Oh my goodness!!!  Christmas is LITERALLY right around the corner! Eeks.  All of the build up and BAM! It'll be over and we start all over again.



This last week, my company hosted an Employee Appreciation Week and all week, we had a bunch of fun events.  I have to say, they really, really, really appreciated us! I was, literally, blown away! I didn't work on Monday, so I missed out on the treats (I think that's what was on Monday), but then we received Christmas cards with an appreciation mug.  The card had two movie passes plus a gift card for a restaurant! Then, we received Christmas bonuses on Thursday (whoot! whoot!  This one was huge compared to the first three years!), we had Karaoke on Thursday and my team mates and I sang "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" and we had some other groups singing.  It was hilarious and a lot of fun.  We totally scored a ham each! Whoot whoot.  Then on Friday, we had a raffle and I scored a gift card for Target! It totally gets better- our big boss (the Chief Revenue Officer) announced that the business office (us, not our facilities) will be closed on Christmas Eve! Oh man.  That was the best news ever! I felt bad because I didnt' get Christmas Eve off when I requested and I was going to have to send Emma to her program.  Then to end it, we had lunch catered.  It was really a great week.  When I worked at the other office (same company, just a different affiliate office), we had a potluck and a small Christmas bonus.  Now, I don't know if the other offices had such a big week or not but from what everybody else was saying, this was the best one in years.  I don't know if the company is just doing really well this last fiscal year or if they are trying to boost morale and show that they really do appreciate us.  Either ways, it felt really, really, really good that the company did this for us.  It's been stressful! Fighting insurance companies, dealing with various changes in policies and now, ICD-10 is SUPPOSED to be hard written for October 2014, so we are anticipating some struggles once October rolls around.

So, last week for Monday Music, I posted about Christmas songs that I love here.  I would still love to learn which ones you love! Head on over there!

Also, on Saturday, I shared my favorite Christmas movies here.

Now, that Christmas is winding down and NewYear's is literally around the corner, I want to share with you one of my favorite bands.  I have been a fan of the Counting Crows since the 1990s and was a huge part of my youth.  "Round Here" still gives me goosebumps and makes me weepy.  Adam Duritz's lyrical (but a bit morose) genius paired up with his amazing voice and fantastic band mates brings forth extremely powerful albums.  Adam has shared his battle with mental illness over the years and his battles conflict with the band's releasing of new music and even inspires the music.  I follow him/them on Twitter and Instagram and it seems like some new music is in the works! Whoo hoo.  I can't wait! I, literally, own every album of theirs and can't wait to add to my collection.

Here are some of my favorite Counting Crows songs:























Ok.  It is totally obvious that I love nearly every song.  They don't have a lot of videos on YouTube, so ....

What is your favorite band?





Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments

Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your comments.