Star Wars, The Force and Brats



Happy Star Wars Day!  Are you doing anything to celebrate? I am having a Star Wars marathon and eating that delicious brat that you see a picture of!  Yum!


As Luke, Han and the Jedis go up against Darth Vader to protect the Empire, I am getting my grub on.  I have to say, though, the Force is NEVER with me when I am cutting onions.  I have tried EVERY trick in the book and I am red, faced Kim-Kardashian-Crying face.  I love precut onions for this reason.  Haha.

This is super easy and done on the stove top!  I refuse to call it a recipe!

Here's what ya need:

2 sliced bell peppers (I cut them into rings and in half)
1 onion, halved and sliced.
1 package of Johnsonville brats.
2 tbs of butter (Oh yeah... total Paula Deen here)
Shredded Mozzarella
Mustard
French bread or hoagie bread.  You need something stronger than a hot dog bun to handle all this power!

Throw your butter in a large skillet (I use a pan similar to this one), the brats, the onions and bell peppers and turn on the heat to low-medium and pop the lid on.

Allow to cook for 5 minutes and then flip the brats over and watch until the onions caramelize and the brats brown.  Then add 1/4 cup of water, put the lid back on and allow to simmer for another 5-10 minutes (until the water has been absorbed).

You can toast your bread or heat it up in the microwave to soften (I failed on softening it, that's why it's torn awkward.  Whoops.  Still delicious).

You can throw on some mustard in the bun first or not, then throw on a brat, some onions and pepper and throw some mozzarella on it and BAM! Get your grub on!












No comments

Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your comments.