Just an update, too.

I just want to let everyone know that my daughter is having surgery next week on July 16th. She will be in the hospital 3-7 days and on an activity restriction for 2 weeks. I can imagine my TBR list will come down quite a bit. I am not sure how much I will be able to post during that time, of course, it depends on how well she is recovering.

It's a major surgery (reconstruction of her skull) but it's a GOOD surgery. However, yesterday (july 5th), she had a tonic-clonic seizure that require me to call paramedics and have her taken to the hospital. It took an injection and a total of 20 minutes to stop the seizure. She rarely gets them and normally it's when her anti-convulsant levels are too low. This time it wasn't. It was really weird and it was a very strong seizure. Strong enough she had to be put on the ventilator for 2 hours because she wasn't breathing. She has never had this one strong. So, needless to say, scared the living day lights out of me. Of course, Emma bounced back a few hours later like nothing happened and asked for peanut butter and jelly! Kids are amazing! I am guessing it's from watching the fireworks from the night before that set it off.

Talk to you all soon and thanks again fro being such wonderful bloggers :)

8 comments

  1. I will keep an eye on your blog for updates but please know I will be thinking about you and your little girl, sending lots of caring wishes and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me, I bet it did scare you -- I am sorry to hear about your poor little angel having to go through all that.

    BIG HUGS for both of you!

    And THANK YOU so much for my award - it's lovely of you to think of me.

    Hope you and your daughter are doing better today.

    Sassy
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and best wishes for you and your little girl. I hope everything gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things go well for your daughter, next week and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will keep you all in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang tight.... I will check back to see how things are going.

    Your blog by the way - is incredible. Total blog envy here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everybody for all of your well wishes! It means so much to us! I feel very positive everything will go smoothly and it will all work out to A+++ recuperation!

    You are all so awesome!

    Jaime and Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jaime, please know I will be keeping you and your sweet daughter in my prayers. What a brave li' thing she is! God bless both of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your comments.