What are YOU reading Mondays


Vist J-Kaye's blog for more information on the What Are You Reading Mondays and to join. What did you finish last week? What are you reading now and what will you finish? Great fun and great reading!

Last week, I finished "Coils of the Serpent" by Raymond Clark Lutz, if you liked the Da Vinci Code, I say pick this book up! read my review here

This week I started Sacred Night
Synopsis: As forty-something Emily Sanders and Dan Barton are sipping coffee in Rita's Bar, a car crashes through the front window and explodes, killing everyone except Emily and Dan. They awaken twenty years younger in a surreal Chicago where the rules of survival differ dangerously from their true existence: lying in the hospital unconscious, but mysteriously unhurt by the blast. The bizarre compound in their blood baffles renowned neurologist Dr. Blume, sending him down a dangerous path in search of its source. Thousands of miles away on the Amazon, the Tokablaki chief consumes the secret elixir, algala. Living his future life free from illness depends on surviving the grueling rituals of the Sacred Night. Landon Pauer has himself avoided the indignities of old age and grown rich by quietly marketing his illicit, miracle drug, algala, to desperate, wealthy middle-aged Americans in search of the fountain of youth. Suddenly, suicidal killers are stalking and killing anyone connected to algala. When Detective James Cameron takes the case, he embarks on the most challenging investigation of his career to unravel the mystery of the SACRED NIGHT.

I just finished chapter 2 and let me tell you, WOW!!!! Valerie Connelly does an amazing job with parallel worlds and I am hooked!! I think I am out of my reading slump! I think with the last book taking me two weeks to finish, it was a sign I was having a "reader's block!".

And of course, check out my In my mailbox post and last week's What Are You Reading Post as these are all on my "To read and review list"

Can't wait to see what's on the agenda for all of you!!!

15 comments

  1. I don't have the time, but I will look for Raymond Clark Lutz's for Steve. His stack is getting too low!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, J kaye! LOL Better build his stack right up to a proper level (meaning, knee high but in three piles!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already added Raymond Clark to my list. And i think i'll add Sacred Night too. It sounds interesting. Will wait for your review.
    Happy Reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read more than him a week and my stack never gets smaller. He says it's cause I keep buying books...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi K! I hope you enjoy both the books. I did. Coils is a very scientific aspect of Da Vinci! Sacred Night is flowing so well right now! I didn't want to put it down!

    J Kaye- LOL!! It's that darn vicious circle! Oh my goodness, I am single- just Emma and I- and I try to hide my habit. LOL I feel like I need to sneak my bags of books in after a trip to my favorite used bookstore and thrift store. Then I feel like I need to watch out for my neighbors when the mailman, UPS guy, or FedEx guy comes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow -- Sacred Night sounds great. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sacred Night looks wonderful! Have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sacred Night sounds like a good read. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard of that one but it sounds fantastic, I'm adding it to Mt TBR!! Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am definitely pleased with Sacred Night. I can't wait to finish it and post my review. I definitely thinks it's worth any of you checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting book. I'll have to read it. Thanks for the comment and you definitely won't be disappointed with A Circle of Souls!
    Natalie :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Natalie! I am glad to hear that! I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea I can not wait to read it same with the scarlet letter =)

    Thanks for visiting
    BTW Love your blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stop by when you have time- I have an award for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your comments.