Review: November Wantable Makeup Box



I have read and seen pictures about Wantable around the net.  I've eyeballed it but I was just biding my time.  So, when I was given a chance to review the November Wantable Makeup Box, I literally jumped for joy!

Wantable offers three boxes: makeup, intimates and accessories.  Each box is tailored to you and your responses to their quizzes.  You can subscribe for $36 per month or a single purchase of $40 without subscribing.  Each box is full of full size products from unique, specialty and premium brands.

I was notified that my box was shipped out on Thursday and I about fell over from SHOCK when it arrived on Saturday.  Yes, SATURDAY! I first thought it was shipping from California (I am in Arizona) but nope, from Wisconsin.  Awesome!

The box was small which is nice.  I love that it has on the side "A Beautiful New Thing".  Very fitting!

When I opened the box, there was a card notifying that there is a limited edition holiday box being offered (which I seriously want!), underneath the card was the invoice (how awesome is that?) and then two layers of "cushion" and then the products (which are on a special padding). I love that they pack their boxes in a way that prevents the bouncing around of the items and decreases spillage and breaking.  Very conscientious of them! The invoice was very helpful as it also gives you the items' retail value and TIPS!

Here is what I received:
Cheek Flash Loose Blush in Beachhouse by Whip Hand Cosmetics

This is such a beautiful, girly pink and has a nice shimmer to the color.  

As an extremely pale girl, I love a pretty, girly pink. 
I tried to get a nice swatch of this color but can you see what a beautiful pink this is?  I am in love!

The retail value of this is $18.00 and came in a 3g container.  I think it's a little pricey for the size but the pigmentation is great and a little does go a long ways.  Like a very little!  This one is definitely a keeper!
Next is the Simply Beautiful lip gloss pot from Three Custom Color with a retail value of $22.00
First off, I love the case.  It swings out.  Perfect! How awesome is that? The color in the top shot is much more true than the open one.  I had a very difficult time getting a good picture of the gloss.  It's such a beautiful color.  It's a blend of pink and peach with parts of silver and gold.  It's definitely a natural color but a few shades darker than my naked lip.  I didn't swatch this one because I had a hard time showing one that would give this gorgeous lip gloss justice.  (I really, really, really need to buy a light box and a speedlite). As dark as this looks in the pot, it definitely was NOT dark when I put it on.  It was very, very flattering and that's hard to do with my super paleness.

Definitely worth the price. 

Next I received the Manna Kadar lash primer.  Now this is squeeee worthy.  It's retail value is $19 (a great price in my opinion).  A lash primer is what you think it is- put it on prior to your mascara to enhance your lashes.  This primer is to add volume and I can't wait to give this one a go! I haven't tried it out yet but I will definitely update you the second I do!


This beautiful lipstick is from Michael Marcus.  The color above is called Ann and it's whoa.  It's a PERFECT natural looking nude.  
Again, hard to swatch but isn't that a beautiful color? The texture is very luxurious and the lippie is very moisturizing which is another plus for me.  I also found this to be very pigmented color.  A perfect nude.  PERFECT, I TELL YOU!!! Yes, caps lock is appropriate. Ha.  Retail value? $24.  Worth it.  WORTH IT!

Last but not least, a little bonus: 
Skiin Instant Skin Tightener and Line filler sampler.  This one should be interesting.




Overall I think Wantable NAILED my preferences.  I am very low key with my makeup, you won't see me wearing blue shadow or dark/bright lips.  I love the looks but just not on me.  I am a low key, plain jane kind of girl who envies those who rock the trends.  I am very, very, very pleased with the products.  The value is outstanding.  Well worth the subscription price! The retail value is $83 and the cost of the box is $36.  More bang for your buck.  

If you would like to subscribe, you can go to their website  and subscribe or just buy one box!

Since they offer three boxes, would you opt for the makeup, accessories or lingerie? 
I lean more towards the lingerie and the makeup!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments

  1. That's a great box! I've had a very low opinion of the Michael Marcus products I've received from Wantable but that lipstick looks lovely! Its a gorgeous nude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I was quite excited over this box.

      Oh no! What was the problem with their products? This is my first experience with them and the lipstick is amazing. It really is a gorgeous nude!

      Delete

Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your comments.