Sleepless Nights and Wednesday Ramblings

The year? The day? The month? The week?

Either ways, Happy Hump Day!

I wasn't so much as drawing a blank about what I wanted to write about today but I wanted to write about everything!  I tend to be a bit TMI and unorganized (not a pretty pair!).  Today's NaBloPoMo writing prompt is "What is your favorite hour of the day?"  That's definitely an interesting question.  How do you narrow down a favorite HOUR?  I don't have one.  Sure, I love the last two hours at my job.  I am the only one in my department and because most of the insurance companies are closed, I pop in my ear buds and work on paperwork and appeal letters.  I love it.  That's my clean up time.  I also enjoy my early Wednesday and Friday mornings.  My daughter goes to therapy (physical, occupational and speech) on the remaining days of the week but Wednesday and Friday she rides the bus to school and it comes super early.  They pick her up at 6:15 am and I work at 9 am.  This is my blogging time.  I tend to lose track of time, however, and will look up and see it's 7:45 am and run frantically to the shower and rush and get read.  

Yesterday, my daughter had her six month follow up with the orthopedic surgeon.  She has hemiplegia on the left side of her body due to her traumatic brain injury.  She has never regained any functional use of her left arm and her left leg is weak and she tends to drag it but she's making gains and getting stronger.  She's always had a twisting/lop sided pelvis.  A year ago (or so?? Maybe a year and a half), she had x-rays done on her spine and her pelvis out of concern for her lop sided pelvis and her left foot points out.  It just seems like one leg may be longer than the other (thank you brain injury!).  Well, yesterday, her doctor had a leg length scanogram (pelvis down to feet via X-rays), frog legged view of her pelvis and her hips.  Sigh.  She has hip dysplasia.  He said that she does have a mild dysplasia and it's fairly common in kids with hemiplegia.  The big concern is protecting her left hip because this can eventually lead to arthritis, severe pain, labrum tears, and a future of possible hip replacements.  He doesn't really throw around surgeries but he said that hip surgery is in her future. He said, in a nutshell, they cut through the hip bone, re-position and pin it.  That's the simple version.  I did look it up, it's called the PAO surgery.  I will post more about it in the future as we discuss it more heavily.  She's only 10 and it's something that will most likely happen in 3-4 years (need to get her pelvis to maturity).  In the mean time, will be researching ways with her physical therapist on ways to help her and see if we can avert the need for surgery.  

Meanwhile, we follow up in six months with a CT scanogram to get a better idea.  

I also upgraded my iPhone 4S to the iPhone 5C.  The iOS 7 was pissing me off.  I regret updating the software on my 4S.  My phone was perfectly fine before but after the update, every stupid thing crashed! Grrr.  All my apps crashed, it was slow and pictures disappeared.   I realized on Monday that I was eligible for an upgrade on my contract.  I could trade in my 4S for $137 and the 5C was only $99 when renewing my contract.  I went online to compare the 5C and 5S.  The 5S has a few more benefits than the 5C and frankly, they weren't enough for me to care about. Besides, yellow is my favorite color and I got the 5C in yellow.  Wow.  Night and day! The 5C was a great choice.  It's a smooth phone.  The plastic case actually feels very durable and I am so glad to not have the glass back any longer.  The screen is gorgeous (hellooo retina!) and I love the feel.  Plus, I have a $28 credit towards my bill.  $0 out of pocket makes me a happy girl!   The only thing I don't like is that I have to get an adapter because my CD player has an iPod dock and it's not compatible with the 5 but with an adapter I am good.  I have my iPhone 4 that I can use as an iPod in the meantime.  

So there's my Wednesday ramblings (on five hours of sleep)! LOL.  Go ahead and ramble away! 

Waiting for X-rays.  A girl has to pose





6 comments

  1. Favorite hour of the day? That is an interesting question. It's not a whole hour, but I'm rather fond of first thing in the morning when hubby is not quite awake yet and I bring baby girl back to our bed to nurse her. Big brother stumbles in to snuggle sooner or later, so it's a nice bit of family time in the morning.

    I love your daughter's posing! She looks fierce. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it interesting?

      Awww those are super sweet moments and times. I love it! sounds like a very loving, sweet morning for you and your family!

      Thank you. She's Tyra. Seriously, that's what she calls herself. LOL

      Delete
  2. i hope she continues to get stronger and stronger! What a pretty girl! I wanted to get the Galaxy s4, but there is an over heating problem with it. Also possibly the Galaxy Note 3, mostly to look like a muppet with a oversized phone attached to my head. Maybe it could replace my POS Asus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much!

      Yes, I heard the same thing about the S4. I was eyeballing the S4 too but the sales person said she didn't recommend it. She was testing the Note so she didn't have any opinion on it. Hahahaha you made me laugh with the muppet comment! If you get one, let me know! I'd love to know what you think of it!

      Delete
  3. I don't think that I have been getting more than 5 hours of sleep either :) I love the picture of your daughter, she's beautiful. I read through a number of your other posts and you are a great mom! You have done such a awesome job raising your daughter, I hope that you receive all the recognition that you deserve for everything that you do everyday.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am gladly following you back. I love your blog, I can see from your writing that you are a great person who's posts I look forward to reading :)

    http://www.foodieinwv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah! Booo!!! I guess it's kinds our genius thoughts keep us away, right? Hahaha. At least that's what I tell myself! Sleep is overrated... Maybe we'll catch up, some day!

      Aww thanks for your sweet compliments! She's a good kid and I try! AND for following me! I adore your blog so this made me happy!

      Delete

Thank you so much for saying hello! I love your comments.